View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #34
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I think they hit it 100% on the head!....It is exactly what I and many look for in a car. A track car that can be driven on the street. Deleting unnecessary items sells cars because I don't have to do all of that in my garage..

I am a customer, an everyday person and I am a race car driver! They are not dictating anything...The Z/28 is made for the true enthusiast that will put their car through its paces. If the Z/28 is not the right car to fit your needs they made the V6, SS, SS w/1LE and the ZL1. I think they have actually been pretty generous in providing numerous options to fit every ones budget and needs/wants

Try to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Chevrolet just rolled out a flagship Camaro that is now the lust of many people both domestically and globally. This benefits both you and me. They may have just swayed some of the Porsche, Lotus, BMW M3.....ect crowd that track their cars into a good ole America Camaro. The more GM is able to sell, the more they may be able to offset the cost of the development ect......this can translate into some of the Z/28 goodies trickling down the line to the lower models. Example: the change in aero to the hood and the front end of the 14MY SS to reduce lift. Did it start with the SS and it was placed on the Z/28 OR did they need it for the Z/28 and it was cheaper to tool in higher quantities for mass production so it is offered on the SS as well?..Either way WE ALL WIN!

To the OP Sorry for the thread jack... THANK YOU for your write up and pictures! Sounds like a great experience!

-Matt
Well stated, Matt.

With this 2014 Z/28, Chevrolet has remained true to the concept of the original '67 Z/28. Having been fortunate enough to have driven one of those original 602 '67 Z/28s - when they first hit the street and nobody even knew what it was (nowhere did it say Z/28 on the car), I can tell you there was magic in that car - even without the amenities! Heck, the one I was driving around in didn't even have power steering ...and I had the experience of having to parallel park it!
There are a number of us (disciples) on the Camaro Enthusiast Advisory Board who have been demonstrating their passion for GM to build a car like this 2014 Z/28 since our first discussions in 2007. I am so gratified that GM found a way to approve and build this car after so many years.
The lineup of Camaro offerings now includes a car for the hardcore enthusiast road/racer, drag racer, all-round performance track car with every amenity one can think of and for those who need a strong V8 or have fuel economy as a priority.
Way t'go GM and thank you!

Best regards,

Elie