View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #10
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Alright just for an update on this issue...

After our club's impromptu tech meet I found something out. I swapped tires with a fellow member to see if that solved the problem. Well it did. Woot! However... I found something that really bothered me when I took the back left wheel off... See attached pic...

Anybody see something wrong with this picture? I let Classic know that I don't appreciate incomplete work... Now that part doesn't really cause any issues not being tightened properly but it says a lot about the rest of at least one of their technician's work. Usually Classic is great and spot on but for some reason this has been an issue that they were not able to solve.

I've spent a lot of money getting my tires rotated there multiple times and even replaced due to two of them being out of round. They couldn't figure out the issue and its now obvious that its the tires/rims/someone who can't balance a tire to save his life... There is a mountain of weights on one of my tires...

I talked to a guy named Carlos over at Classic Chevy of Sugarland about what I found. He told me I would have to have proof that the tires are not balanced properly before they can do anything regarding a refund. Well... Obviously if I balanced them three times and was still complaining, OBVIOUSLY they didn't do AT LEAST the first two right. Nope. That didn't prove anything appearently to him. I need a receipt from somewhere else that shows they didn't do this right...

I told him everything about swapping tires and he tried to tell me it wasn't my tires but it was my torque converter... I explained that it's a manual (LOL torque converter on a manual) and I've been having this issue for almost a month and a half now and even had two of the tires replaced (which I had to pay for with money (Prorated) I don't really have to spend AND IT DIDN'T FIX THE PROBLEM!) and had the rotors turned AND had my car there a total of 4 times for this issue. The tire that was recently replaced is the one with all the weights on it as well.

I mentioned how we found this out by swapping out the wheels for another stock set at a club tech meet this past weekend and that the issue was gone once we did that and then came back when I put my original wheels back on AND what we found while swapping them... Still... that's not enough proof for Carlos over at Classic Chevrolet in Sugarland.

Anyway I'll be taking my car over to a Discount Tire to have them properly balanced (hopefully) and getting proof that the tires were not balanced properly. Carlos doesn't see any issues with a customer having a 2012 Camaro that has the same issue as my 2002 Honda Insight with 250,000 miles on it...

I think you get the point.

It amazes me that people don't understand the power of the internet and how they could lose much more in the long run than if they just fix the issue in the first place with a smile... I'm not rude to them when I call. I'm firm and polite. I worked in retail for many years so naturally I learned that being a jerk doesn't get you anywhere most of the time.

I'll make sure to send this thread over to Carlos...

Update:

Mike Jones (Who?) over at Classic is awesome and he is my normal service advisor. Unfortunately he wasn't around yesterday. He's working with me on this issue. If you need anything answered he is the man to talk to.

Oh and I do have this as an open case with GM and they are working with me on the issue. I am VERY pleased with their customer service and have nothing against GM. I know it can be the dealership when it comes to stuff like this.
Attached Images

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6

Last edited by Childs Play; 02-12-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote