View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #66
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Well said sir. I highly doubt that RJ asked for donations. Just because one of his friends decided to start up a fund letting people know they could donate if they choose to doesn't mean anything other than that. He's not "internet famous and looking for a handout," nor would he expect help.

If you would like to donate, feel free. If you don't want to donate, there's no obligation. Vroomapunk and 2SSRS have just created a channel and made a post about it, just like lawdogg may or may not have set up a thread. The reason this thread has more interest not because he's a mod but because he's an active member on the forums. I'm sure if this happened to PQ, it would get a lot more attention than if it happened to someone someone who spends a small amount of time on the forums. If money is donated, I'm sure RJ will use it to try and recover from this tragedy, but after meeting the guy face to face and chatting with him for a few days last year, there is no doubt in my mind that RJ would have asked for anything like this on his own. Stop trying to make him a villain because a friend or two did something nice for him.

That's what friends are for. Of course I see no need to donate but also see no need to try to crap on the thread like others have.