View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #3023
Danny Thomas

Drives: 67 RS, 81 Turbo TA, 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Danny Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Summit White did not kill ABM... Summit White was always in the plan. The plan was to add SW when the Impala line added it as well. Scott (fbodfather) said himself that a low volume color will get cut and replaced period... that's how it works. ABM was the lowest, done. IF SW killed it, it would have been gone prior to SW becoming available.

I do agree with you on the part about it not getting out there or marketed the way it needed to be by GM or dealers. I have not had a single negative comment on the color everyone tells me it's the best color they have seen hands down. I am glad to have the rarity of it now.
Spoke with GM rep in charge of colors at SEMA..said same thing...Low sales of this color. Also saw a ad board at their booth that was specing a camaro . the car was orange but not the orange that is presently on the camaro. I believe it was call Dark Argent Orange--almost like a Sunset Orange, accordding to the specs. Wonder if there is another color change coming? I decided to bite the bullet and secure one of the last ABM cars--2SS RS. It arrived at my dealer yesterday and pick up next week. Now for some painted charcoal rally stripes and Forgeline wheels.
Danny Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote