View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #24
1LEE

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Don't hold your breathe on that one.

An aftermarket shifter like MGW will more than likely be way better. Even if they put in the same shifter as the ZL1, it's not going to have the spring mechanism like an MGW. I haven't missed a gear yet since putting one in.

Headers and a tune.....stock might feel like some good power for a little bit but wait until you ride with or are around a 5th Gen with those mods. You're talking a 35-40 rwhp and a hell of a lot better sound. If you order the upgraded exhaust on the 1LE then you can probably just get away with headers and a tune. That's basic bolt on stuff without going into the motor at all. It's also easy to go back if you ever needed to.
Nope.

I'm not touching it. I want a car that I can just enjoy on the street or track & maintain a factory warranty. The car comes with enough nice upgrades from the factory as is. Like I said, I've been down the modding game path.... I have "more important" things to worry about these days than constantly purchasing aftermarket car parts like I have in the past. Although, I'm sure the mods you listed would turn the car into a beast.