View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #19
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishMike View Post
Read the post above. If it is an option from the factory and is on your invoice then your probably good, HOWEVER, I would not get anything installed without something in writing from a REGIONAL manager stating that your warranty will not be affected (for anything after taking delivery)

I had this problem with a short shifter on my STi. They did not have any in stock at the time of delivery so I took the car how it was and brought it back a week later for the shifter install. Fast forward a year and 300 miles south. The lockout cable (prevents it from going into reverse without lifting the paddle on the shifter) broke. I went to a different dealer and they would not fix it. Eventually got with the regional rep and he said that because it wasnt on the invoice and done before pickup it would not be covered. I argued with them for a month and after getting Subaru of America (corporate) involved the dealer called me offering to pay for half of the repair. At that point I didnt have time to fight it anymore and had to get it done.
Thanks for the info, I will definately discuss this and get it in writing before doing anything