View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #10
Freyguy08

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS
The Whipple product and customer service IMO is top of the line. The instruction manual for the 2012 ls3 leaves a little to be desired though. The pump for my intercooler wasn't the right one (the port needed an angle that it didn't have) but after a quick trip to the hardware store I modified it and it hooked up nicely. They left out a couple of steps, and quite frankly a few steps were even wrong. For example, something as minor as telling me to remove the some torx screws that ended up being 10mm bolts etc etc. When I called them up they admitted 2012 is a tough year because of the possible differences in that year and I quote, "We assume the installer can just work through some of those issues and figure it out on their own." They even through in a couple extra parts which scared me at the end but I sent them pictures of them and they said those weren't needed.
Never having installed anything like this before it was kind of difficult for me but I took my time and didn't get frustrated. All in all it took me about 30 hours but, along with some over the phone help from Whipple, its all in correctly and runs like a champ!
Now I just need to get it on the dyno (June 5th). I haven't heard great things about the tune that comes with it but hopefully everything holds up!

Comin' in hot!
Freyguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote