View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #4840
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
My brake project.....

You know all that advice our Dad's have given us about, don't wait till the last minute, check, double check and triple check that you have all the parts. Order everything in advance...

yeah... well you'd think at 39 I'd be better at following that advice.

I was originally planning on get the calipers powdercoated by last Friday and installed over the weekend...

We had a small delay when the powder coater wanted to remove the pistons and seals prior to powder coating... which I was fine with but after doing some research on what it would cost to rebuild the fronts I had them put a hold on the job. It would cost me about $500 for a rebuild kit on the fronts and no one had them in stock... So, I made a bunch of calls asking if the brake internals would handle the powder coating heat and media blasting. In the end everyone agreed that they would be fine and I picked them up on Monday. They look fantastic.

I had already ordered the SRF (liquid gold) brake fluid and was planing on getting my pads Pins and clips I needed for the front and rear brakes locally.

Uhm... Stock front CTSV pads are really spensive... LOL and again not in stock anywhere... The Cadillac front pins are $60 apiece and I'd need 4. And again... NOT in stock anywhere. So the shops who I use and I start making calls to see how quickly we can get aftermarket stuff... Luckily we find some Hawk HPS pads which should be here by Friday. And the pin/clip hardware which will be here Friday as well. I know they aren't OE pieces and cheaper but I'm thinking they should do fine.

The plan is to get the ss brake lines and calipers back on the car this weekend and then I'll have to go to a shop with a Tech II machine to flush the DOT 3 fluid out and replace it with the liquid gold, to ensure the ABS system is properly flushed...

I'm running out of time..... :scared0068:
Attached Images

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote