View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #6
walters477

Drives: white 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
I went through it all.

It's not that gm isn't authorizing the repairs, although there have been a few.

It's primarily been the treatment by the chevy dealerships (which are not owned by gm) and the botched replacement jobs.

First and foremost, check for leaks before you leave the service dept. Request to get a hose. With the top up, run water from the hose, all around the area that the top meets the well that the top folds into. Make sure you get plenty of water in the gap between the top and the well. Then check your rear floorboards. If it leaks, don't accept it.

Check the trim piece between the rear windows and the top. That requires a special technique to install correctly. If not done correctly, that piece will begin to come off and require replacement.

check the headliner, make sure you can see no cables over the driver and passenger windows.

check to make sure the top retracts completely into the well. This is the reason your current rub marks are there, and mine.

I'm sure I've missed a few things but I'm sure others will chime in.
I ran mine thru the car wash today, and they used the bug blaster. You can't believe the stream of water that hit the side of the car! NO LEAKS, everything is dry.
walters477 is offline   Reply With Quote