View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #17
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild_weasel View Post
Betraying my age here, I was back in high school when the Camaro was discontinued, and I was very upset because, ever since my dad had one (and sold it ), I had always wanted a Camaro. And though I never wrote a letter to GM (I figured an automotive giant would not exactly give an ear to the begging of a kid who barely had his driver's license) I like to think that those of us who desperately WANTED the Camaro's return were included in the faithful, if only by legacy.

Things I loved about the interview:
- Unadulterated metaphorical bitch slap to Ford ("BRING IT ON, PONY BOY!") :middlefinger:
- Barely giving Hyundai the time of day, only technically calling it "competition." They aren't gunning for the ricer market that much anyway
- 70%-75% finished and the engineers are still busy? I can only wonder and dream
- Basically telling people the truth, that the Chally is nothing more than non-updated sheet metal on a 300 platform
- Sweating the details! It will be worth the wait, and worth the "premium"

Thanks fbodfather. Here's to you
WildWeasel -- thanks for the kind words!

Now -- about that letter.......

I read every letter we received.

Every one.

I couldn't answer them --

...........and I was cross - eyed after a while --

............but I read every one.

Some letters were incredibly well written..............

Some talked about the passion people have for the car. Some talked about how the Camaro transcends all generations.

One particular letter had me nearly in tears -- about how a son bought his Camaro -- loved it -- but went off to war and never returned....and the father takes the car to shows in honor of his son.....

Some truly incredible letters......................

(and then there was the one that simply read "....If you drop the Camaro your gay........." ( Hint: it's 'you're' -- not 'your' ...)

Jason Debler and Chris Frezza set up a separate area of CamaroZ28.com where people could post their thoughts.

I got this idea that I'd print it out.

....................well.......................... ........

It took several evenings - and when I was finished I'd gone thru several reams of paper - and the pile of paper was impressive -- three stacks about 2 and a half feet high each...........

So -- you see -- if you choose to write a letter, you may be pleasantly surprised that someone -- somewhere -- just may read it!

The important part? You have passion for the car -- you were upset that it went on hiatus -- and -- YOU KEPT THE FAITH -- and for that I (on behalf of all GM employees) THANK YOU!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote