View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcynet View Post
I have a new 2014 2SS/RS 1LE. I have a few questions.
1. What kind of performance tweaks can I do while keeping my factory warrantee intact.
2. What are the best value performance enhancements, keeping in mind I would like to use this as Daily Driver
Please put the performance enhancements in order of best value /bang for the buck.

Thanks
Cold Air intake wakes up the LS3 more and for less $$ than most other mods. Long-tube headers would be next best bang-for-buck....

Suspension is damn-near perfect for the car....but if that's something you love to change about your cars...Pedders USA has an enhancement package that will tighten everything up and maximize feel & response for a modest price.

If you like....you can keep your eyes peeled for prices and availability of Z/28-derived performance goodies from Chevy, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcynet View Post
What about cold air intake and performance chips? Do they mess with the warranty?
Cold-air intakes...so long as there's no tune...are generally okay. Unless it's a poorly-designed unit that leans out the engine to the point of damage (to my knowledge, none for sale by vendors on this forum would do that).

Remember: your warranty is in-tact unless the dealer can prove your modification caused vehicle component failure. Most of the time, however - it is very easy for them to prove "you dun it". Recalibrations of any kind are the one automatic-warranty-void: One of the first things GM requires the service tech to check before approving a warranty claim is the ECM...