View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #57
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
I have to take my 2010 in for service today. ( gas blowing out of exhaust) and would like to get my radio fixed while I am at it. Mine does some of the same things I have read here. With my ipod it will only show and play about 1/3 of the songs on it and with my iphone it will play sometimes, sometimes it will not play at all and then sometimes it will do the static thing after a few minutes. What EXACTLY do I need to tell the service guy? I read in here something about a print out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Well, just tell them the symptoms, static, radio disconnecting ipod etc.. Chances are they will want to see it happen in person. The print out is from TIS2WEB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
They can check http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/ and see it. In order to get to it...
put your vin in and click Get CAL ID
From the controller list, click PDIM and click Next
Select RPO UYE/UYI and click Next
Select 20927510 from the list and click next

Then you should see what I posted. Codeman said that dealers often refer to PDIM as "MMIM" so that may help.
Try telling the service department that your radio only indexes 2500 songs, and you need to update so you can index 10,000 songs.