View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Think I lost/am losing another OE clutch

Went out to the track this last Friday, also the last race of the season here... I was hoping to get some good comparisons running the stock airbox vs. the JacFab cold air intake...

Runs with the stock intake were nice and consistent 13.40, 13.38, 13.336, which is about where it likes to run in crap air (2500 DA) when stock. Exactly what I was after, a nice consistent baseline.

After Intake swap:
First pass: 13.156
Second pass: 13.40 (drop clutch for burn out, tires stay stationary, clutch slips to 5k rpms... Uhoh)
Third pass: 13.44 (drop clutch for burn out, clutch still slipping, no burn out)
Called er quits after the 2nd clutch mishap.

So unfortunately I wasn't able to get repeatable times with my intake, and I think my clutch issue needs to be assesed before trying again.

This is the second OEM clutch in the car after the first one was replaced under warranty for similar issues (slipping, pedal droping to the floor). The first clutch was replaced at 9k miles at the dealer for what is supposedly "the ugraded oem clutch"... I haven't had any issues with the new clutch until now, new clutch has appx 15k miles on it. I put the LPE "clutch return" kit on the car after the second clutch was installed, the pedal did not stick to the floor during any of these problems at the last race, most likely due to the LPE kit. This clutch probably has between 30 or 40 passes on it.

I'm thinking my racing days for the Camaro are done at least until I can get a decent clutch into the car... So without going full on race only clutch, what are you guys going with for a street/strip unit? Hopefully one that won't break the bank?

Anyone ever experience anything like this?

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 10-03-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote