View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #50
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jashobbsie View Post
I don't drive in the rain because I want to keep this car in great pristine condition for my son who is now 10. When he gets his license he's going to be one lucky kid.
Josh Ammirato's father thought he was being nice to his son when he gave him the keys to his BMW M5. (see news report below)

Five young men were killed early Saturday, January 26, 2008, at Greystone Airport in Florida when the 2008 BMW M5 sports sedan they were traveling in crashed in a high speed accident after being driven on the actual airport strip. Behind the wheel was 18-year-old Joshua Ammirato and riding along in the car were four of his friends. They were returning from a party.

According to local news sources in Ocala, the car skidded at the end of the runway, turned sideways and then sailed up an embankment before crashing into a tree and bursting into flames. The car, which was registered to Ammirato’s father, broke into two pieces after hitting the tree.

Interestingly, Ammirato posted messages on an M5 forum only 12 hours before the crash seeking advice on how to shift gears smoothly when the car was in its max 500hp setting. Some of his posts included: "The problem is when I'm going pedal to the metal pushing 140 and upshifting, there tends to be thud noise with the gear change," and “I am beginner when it comes to high performance cars as I am only 18”.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote