View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #15
2ssblk11

Drives: 2011 2ss Black/inferno orange
Originally Posted by daveagogo1
Quote:
Either way you go the connection point to the cats is 2 1/2 even on the 3" system.

The 2 1/2" has less clearance issues. I have the 3" I ended up needing a new tunnel brace, some heat shield bending and had to reroute the aluminum tranny vent line as it was barely clearing between the pipe and heatshield rear of the cross member.

99.9% of rattles are gone but, Still today when it rains i get brief rattles from the cold water hitting the hot pipes and expanding back and forth Tone changes dramatically in the rain as well.
ohhh, well if its a pain with the clearence ill probably go with the 2.5, thanks for the heads up!
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP
Quote:
It's really not going to make much difference in performance, but the sound is the biggest difference between the 2.5" vs 3". I personally prefer the tone of the 3" over the 2.5". Have you been listening to sound clips comparing them?
Ive been listening to them both and i love the low grumble, muscle car sound. I just wouldnt be getting the headers and tune right away after getting the exhaust, and i wasnt sure if getting the 3" without that would be good for the performance. Thanks for all the info!
2ssblk11 is offline   Reply With Quote