View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 01:54 AM   #1
dyonick

Drives: 2010 CAMARO VIN # 7883
Picked up my baby this weekend!

2SS/RS Black/Grey 6MN
VIN # 7883

After a weekend worth of getting to know each other...a few thoughts!

I'll start with the positives...because hell everyone loves the positives.

1. This car is amazing!

2. It is worth the wait...I know it is painful. Trust me; had to rely on public transit for two weeks as my lease ran out on my previous car. But in the end, it is worth it.

3. This car will and is a huge hit for GM

4. A lot of the cons from the automags seem likes stretches for me.
Visibility - yeah it has a sleek look. But as long as you know where the corners are you can drive it and see. Plus I was also used to driving with my mirrors most of the time anyway with my Envoy. (Do wish it had the park assist feature on the passenger mirror like my Envoy)
Seats - they are not as big or non conforming as previous mentioned. They are very well thought out seats with exceptional support
Dash - Fbod is right; it is best dull. what ever you do don't buff or shine it. Very soft touch and quality. I also love the little detail with the leather on the door where you can rest your arm while driving.
Engine note - perfect couldn't say more. This car doesn't need some crazy sound piping system like the Mustang. Even under low excelleration; you know exactly that you have a 6.2L LS3 under the hood.

5. They really didn't miss on the details. I can see why it would have been tough to try to pic the "right" pictures to release to us. Plus...no matter how you slice it; this car is 100% better in person and up close.

Now for some of the cons. Not really alot surrounding the car. My only really concern would be for a better way to sync contacts with the car. Storing them by hand is feasible; but seems redundant with a perfectaly good contact list in my phone. But this may be me and I may still have to play with the car.

My other real concern lies with the dealers. So, those that have orders at other Chicago dealers I would watch them closely. Mine is looking to and is marking up to at least 5000 over MSRP on all sold order including us R6P orders. This I think is completely and utter ! I understand the fact that they "need" or have a "right" to ask for what they feel is a fair market price on the car. However, we all took the time to sign up for this now "debacle" of an experiment to have a chance to own one of the first camaros. We also including myself had a written agreement showing that the cars were to be sold at MSRP upon delivery. I think this is blatant and unwarranted misuse of our trusts as the consumers. Because ultimately, at the time of the deal we are left with two choices...sign for the deal...or walk away. However the later of the two we know will not hold any water as these cars are hot. There will be someone that sees "our" car from off the street and will be willing to pay the "premium."

Well, in the end dealers may come and go, but shenanagans like this will reflect badly on GM. I am fortunately to have a little more knowledge about the process namely thanks to this site, but have express a word of caution.

Oh yes....here are some PICS

dyonick is offline   Reply With Quote