View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 02:14 PM   #52
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I have been driving a Pedderised and ProCharged G8 since February. The automatic is sluggish in stock trim for the G8 in the opinion of most sports car owners because it has been tuned for smooth shifting and fuel economy. It does seem to improve as it adjusts to your driving in sport mode. That wasn't good enough for me and it won't be for many owners. HP Tuning software is the answer.The 1st to 2nd gear up-shift on wide open throttle now shreds the rear tires and leaves a 15' black patch on the pavement.

After a very hard testing session at Gingerman Raceway and another 1K of normal driving we drained the tranny fluid. I do run a rather large cooler, but there was minimal change in the fluid, a very good sign. Frequent fluid changes and coolers really help reduce the abuse I head on my cars.

My GUESS is the Camaro automatic will be a bit more crisp because it is the nature of the car. Just as the ZETA chassis was tweaked for the Camaro, so will other elements of the car be tweaked to match the character of the car and the demands of the drivers.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote