Thread: bowties
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
OP- save yourself some cash and just buy a sheet of vinyl. Got some from Autozone in CF for like $5 or something. Then all you need is an exacto knife. Just cut out a rectangle larger than the emblem, press it down and work it til its flat then trace the edges with the knife. Honestly takes maybe 30 minutes for front and back start to finish. It's really easy to trace the edge of the emblem becasue the knife will slip into the groove between the gold and the chrome so you just have to push it- no hand-eye coordination required!

I tried buying some pre-cut ones and they didn't quite fit right. Glad they didn't because the ones I ordered were black before I thought of CF. I see your car is black and a sheet of black vinyl should be very easy and cheap to come by.

Just another option for the thrifty DIYer.
OP and you can find pretty much ANY color on eBay too, for that $5 too, for piece big enought to do your about 5 times. the precuts are WAY too much, and if you goof up, and that is easy on the fronts, you are screwed. IF you really want to go with vinyl, get a piece of material and save a bundle.

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 06-01-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote