View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVictory View Post
Well after a brisk drive this morning my car decided to overheat. Fortunately it happened right as I was pulling into my garage. Sure enough the coolant resivior was completely empty. There are no fluid puddles on the garage floor and I don't see any signs of leaks around the system. The car only has 6500 miles!

I had brought it to my dealership for vanishing coolant a few months ago, they pressure tested the system and said it was fine. It never actually overheated until today, it got over 250 degrees before I shut it down.

Should I be concerned about any damage this could has caused? I refilled it with dexcool and am waiting untill it cools down to run it again. (The temp gauge was up but I did not get any alerts on the DIC)

Are there any known issues that people are having or tsb's that I could mention to my service advisor before bringing it back? I just don't want them to say its fine again and leave me hanging.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
RedVictory,

Sincere apologies for the coolant concern. I know that can be a very frustrating situation. I would be happy to research this matter further if you send me your VIN in a private message. I can also schedule a visit for you at your local GM dealer. I look forward to hearing from you!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care