View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 10:53 AM   #29
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balok View Post
1- The OP was asking about helmets for autocross, not full on tracking.

2- The thread is not about fire protection.

3- If you look at the number of laps turned by cars participating in autocross events and compare that to how many actually crash, my guess is that you can logically determine that there are very few crashes in relation to the number of cars and laps turned in these events across the country.

I also don't think it's a stretch to assume that of that small amount of crashes during autocross events, only a tiny fraction of those would cause a car to burst into flames or potentially have fire as an issue at all. Even if you lost the odds and it happened, you'd probably not be incapacitated to the point you were trapped or unconscious in the car and you couldn't get out before you were burned. I don't see anyone talking about wearing a fire suit and gloves, so I also think it's logical to assume you'd be wearing cotton pants and shirt and I don't see anyone criticizing people for that. If you're on fire and burning that badly that a cotton hoodie comes into play, IMO you're already ****ed. If you're talking about wearing a full fire suit, gloves and shoes I agree 1000% you should have a fire resistant hoodie.

4- Some of you guys can really be condescending when it comes to a comment you disagree with. I'm going to refrain in posting what I really feel like posting about that.
well said.