View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #1113
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Is it any surprise that they introduced the updated SS suspension, and ZL1 with this steering wheel?

Answer.. no because the old wheel was shit for anything other than going in straight-line. The new wheel is less bulky and more comfortable to use. Looks are subjective. Yes it doesn't go with the retro-fail interior but after changing the wheel which ironically costs a 3rd of the price to replace over the old one. I will never go back to another poorly ergonomically designed steering wheel.

The old wheel wasn't ugly it was just useless compared to the new one. The new wheel just makes the retro interior look old.
The hate is strong with this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Function is subjective too, Mine works fine. I do like the thumb "rest's" on the new wheel more though.

From what I have read, thats not why they replaced the steering wheel. It was changed for cost and to bring the interior more modern... at least that's what we were told by GM. You may have read the performance reasons too who know, I have not seen one that says that's why they changed it.

I wouldn't mind a more modern interior either. I love the looks of the new Caddies. It's the cross over that is hideous. I think they did a great job with the retro interior, plus they kept it that way because that's the feed back they received if they were to bring the camaro back.

I've said it before, but what bug me about the interior... too many colors. Chrome, Glossy silver, matte silver, some brownish goldish silver color, pewter color, black plastic... to many different colors going on inside...
Old steering wheel looks way better IMO and I really don't have an issue with how it feels/handles
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote