View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #7
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
It wouldn't be hard to do at all. I dropped my 3.4L v6 out of my 1994 Camaro and put an LT1 in there.

Because the 2010+ Camaro has a front frame such that you drop the entire front suspension + engine and trans out as one piece just like on my 1994, I would imagine all you would need to do is find the following items:

1) Front frame that the motor mounts to from an SS (assumption is that all the LSx engines mount the same)
2) LSx engine
3) LSx accessories (from an SS)
3) LSx compatible transmission (from an SS)
4) Engine wiring harness (from an SS)
5) ECU/PCM (from an SS)
6) drive shaft (from an SS) [this might not be necessary - depends on if the LFX, L99, LS3 have the same driveshafts]

You shouldn't need a new "rear end" since the 2012 rear differential is the same on all models. You might need to get a better gear ratio.

Basically - your best bet 15 years from now would be to buy an SS that was rear ended and then swap all the parts from the SS over to your car.
exatcly what ill be doing.
Just need a price on the SS harness and ECU
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote