View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
[QUOTE=Epitath;530789]Where do you live? Because that can get your car crushed in some states, and it's not cool to put peoples life in danger...[quote]

I live in CA, and we don't fly up and down freeways at 120. it would be on like highway 5 when you can't see any cars for miles in front or behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitath View Post
Your best option is to call a company and tell them what you want. Also, who's installing this? If you've never done it before, and you're wanting to do it, you're in too deep already. I've installed a S/c on a few vehicles that had Carburetor's on them and that wasn't the easiest thing in the world either.
A reputable company that's done several turbos on cars before will be installing this system. My stepfather owned a bodyshop for years and has contacts, but I'm making sure I get it done someplace where I feel comfortable that they know what they're talking about.

Quote:
Do you have any idea what 12psi is going to do to this motor? I'm not saying it's going to blow, but let me know how many miles you get on your car when it happens.
No I don't know. All I know is that it will rock my world if I decide to go WOT. 12 isn't a 100% this-is-what-i-want figure, but I was using it as a starting figure. I'll probably go for 5-7psi since I'm looking for something that will last me a little while.

Quote:
What about driving 400+hp to the wheels? Ever done that?
Several times. I've been to Skip Barber driving and racing schools, I've driven vipers and a few modified porsches at tracks. I don't plan on putting the turbo on right away, so I can get a feel for the power of the car before any modification is done. Only then will I work on adding mods, but I'm not stupid/reckless in anyway. That is why I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I even get the car. I'm a year and a half away from even ordering.

Any other questions/comments? I appreciate the ones so far.

Quote:
Let some company's post their setups on here first and see what they're running...
I plan on it. fastlane's says they're working on turbo applications but nothing has happened yet.

@ Ninjak: Thanks for your comments, I'll keep my eyes open to see what people are running but at least I have a rough idea of the size of turbo I want.