View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatth1162 View Post
I'm having BMR springs and sways installed on Monday, and the way I see it, since I'm paying for aftermarket suspension upgrades, I might as well use the "stiffest" sway bar setting. Is anyone running this "stiff" setting on the street? Any issues? I want the handling to improve as much as possible, but I also understand that TOO tight of a back end will start to hurt handling. Thanks for any advice!

EDIT: I'm mainly looking to help (hopefully eliminate) the understeer, it drives me nuts, and will be doing autocross events every few months if this helps.
I suggest playing with the settings and see what works best for you, your tire selection and your driving style. For me, I think I would try them at middle/middle first and go from there. If you want more oversteer (which you probably will for AutoX ) go to the next stiffest setting on the rear or softer up front. Going too stiff up front will only result more understeer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Sorry but sway bars do in fact change the quality of the ride
They only time they effect ride quality in a negative way is when a bump is hit on one side of the car that is unequal to the other side of the car. Being on a stiffer bar/setting will intensify this. As far as cruising down the road on a flat surface, you would never notice a difference until you turn or like I said hit a bump on one side.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote