View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 08:29 AM   #83
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68fbjjz109 View Post
Only a Ford guy... I consider myself a domestic guy, I DD a turd Military Blazer it's a pile of shit, but it's awesome. Come over to 6g check my post history regarding the ATS, and the 6 gen Camaro. I prefer meaningful and rational conversation, over shit throwing.

So what about same tires, same wheels, comparable spring rates. I would put money that a GTPP with more aggressive spring rates, 10" wide front wheels, and 11" wide Rear wheels with the same 285 Eagle F1 G2's, running a 3.91 gear ratio would be a much different story. ****, Randy Pobst couldn't stop talking about how good the Chassis was...

That is how you empirically see what chassis is better. Tires are the most important part. That is one of the reason that tire was developed with GM.

Frankly I am really excited for the 6gen Camaro. But the fact it's easy to go fast on wider softer tires.

You can try to de-legitimatize racing, though I feel that's because it doesn't suite your point, and is a huge amount of data which shows both the previous chassis and the current is more then up to the task. Largely because variables are reduced.

The though fact is the vehicle functional objects are different. And where they are at in product lifecycle is different. The Camaro might be new, it's chassis isn't and GM won't make the same mistake the the 2010's hit the scene.

Many say that the 1LE is solely to win magazine covers. In my opinion it's the only Camaro I have considered purchasing myself. However again there is no getting away from there is a different focus with a 2000ish unit take rate for the 1LE, and approximate 30k Performance Pack take rate, and 4000 Boss Mustangs sold. Especially when the 1LE struggled against the Boss in racing, but that apparently isn't legitimate at all.

I won't discredit the MT comparison. It was still a good kill, even though the cars weren't as analogous as they could be.

You can say they avoided going after their domestic competition, as someone who works in the industry, sure maybe. Maybe it's a bait car. Or maybe it's how they make money, and they are quite good at it. With a 4000 to 6000 GT350 unit production run for the within a year of the 2015 Mustang releasing. The GT350 is paying for the 2017/18 Mustang Midcycle action.

Base GTPP come in around 3725, which is the same area I think the rather Aluminum intensive ATS based Camaro SS will come in at. And that car will turn heads make no mistake about it.

Body Structure wise, there is no Aluminum in the Mustang. Yet Ford has a huge capital investment with Aluminum, and is creative with composites, and has done light weighting on the GT350.

What happens when the Body Structure of the Mustang looks more like the ATS Camaro in terms of material composition? It's a shell game, coupled with different functional objectives.

IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote