Thread: I love my 1LE
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 10:54 PM   #48
Cam77

Drives: 2015 2SS/1LE/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
It's clear the 1LE is an option on top of the SS1/SS2 *but* many other RPOs have been made a model except the 1LE ... Z/28, ZL1, ZR1, Z06, Z24 (remember that front wheel drive fiasco?), etc. Perhaps since the 1LE doesn't start with a Z it'll never be a model unto itself. Maybe it could become .... ta da! ... the ZLE! Wait, no, it needs a number. How 'bout ZL, Z to add the requisite Z, L from 1LE and the 1, ZL1. Wait, that's a model already. OK. How about this. ZLE. Oh, crap. Back where I started. OK. You're right. It doesn't deserve emblems. But I gave mine some ...

In one breath I think the 1LE was a test bed for the 2016 camaro and this is Chevy's research group. In another breath I think it deserves(ed) having a wee bit more bling than just the blacked out look. The problem is that half the people who look at it don't know Camaro's and say things like "wow I love what you've done with the car" and the other half who think they "know" camaro's say things like "is that the ZL1 car" or "is that the supercharged model?".

I've now talked myself in circles ....

This^^^
Cam77 is offline   Reply With Quote