View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
white ZL1

Drives: none
I think you're going about this kinda backwards?

Camarojt is all bolt-ons and is using a 3600 triple disc and I'm pretty sure he loves it.
I've got the GT11 and a 3600 single disc and it works great too.
If you're staying N/A, it's really up to you as you can do a 2800 that will drive great and still give you and improvement in your 60' time on a tire. If you can deal with the extra "slip" of a looser converter, you can go 3600 even on the stock cam and it'll still work later should you do a cam swap.
Then the only thing you need to decide is if you'll be happy with a single disc or if you want a triple so that you can lock it at wot at the track.
If you're going FI, you can get away with less converter on a top mount because of the torque at lower rpm. If you go centri, a looser converter will probably be better.
The most important thing is the tune though. These A6's are a PWM lockup and if the tune isn't right.....you're asking for trouble.

FTI, PI, Circle D, and Yank all make good converters and they're all going to perform fairly similar at the track.......what converter is right for you depends on your combo and goals.
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote