Thread: VARARAM WORKS!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 12:28 AM   #17
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Not hardly. 5-7 at most. If you don't like that answer ask Jannetty. They have a no BS response policy.

They have also tested the Vararam independently. It is in line with the better CAI's on the market however it is not head and shoulders above the rest by any means.

Can't go wrong with the Haltech or ADM. Performance per $$$ nothing beats the Haltech intake. Add the ADM race scoop to it and you have the best performing intake on the market for the 5th gen.
Which one did they test? They tested the old one...and that old one was a pain in the ass with bucking. The new one? Perfect. But, I'm sure it's going to be different than the last intake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbusy06 View Post
I added Vararam to my otherwise stock 2011, no tune, with 2800 miles and it ran 12.70 @ 109. Stock, it ran 13.04. The weather was better with Vararam. Not sure what I gained with the intake.
Which one did you get? Did you get the new VR?

I've really been holding my breath with the new Vararam. The last one bucked and surged like a ...well, I won't got there. But, it got to be such a pain in the ass that I took it off and put my stock box back on.

I got the new unit with new MAF sensor about 3 weeks ago. I've put just over 600 miles on the new unit and have to say I'm completely impressed. That seizure like bucking is GONE. I couldn't freaking believe it.

No, there's no tune. How does it run? FAST. No, I don't have baseline numbers of before and after. Sorry. But I'll tell you that it WORKS.

...and the radiator seems to be more "fixed" in place with this one. Yup, I give it
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote