View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #29
LostPony

Drives: 2012 Boss 302
I get what he is saying. Not having driven a 1LE, I can't tell you which one I would prefer to drive all day everyday like I do my Boss, but when I am on track the Boss is a blast. I love getting in it every morning and driving to work and back. It makes me look for a back road to get somewhere instead of a highway.

That said, I have had issues, mostly brake related. Others don't seem to have them like I am, so I will be altering my driving style a bit next year. Also trying a different set of rear pads and I replaced what may have been a faulty sticking rear caliper, so we'll see if that fixes it.

One thing I would note, is that the Boss engine, while a great piece, has seen some issues. I have seen posts on Boss forums about blown motors and CEL codes for misfires. I got a CEL myself on TracKey, and it gives me some concern when I'm flogging it. Another issue I have had on track was my stability control mysteriously turning itself on half way thru a session, and since you have to stop and hold the brake and button for 7 seconds, I didn't bother to pit as I was afraid the hot brakes might not be happy with me doing that.

Now with all that said, I don't place a whole lot of stock into what a magazine or manufacturer claims for track performance numbers vs another car. The driver variance is so great at a HPDE that those numbers don't make a hill of beans. I once coached a woman in a M model Z3 past a Ford GT, Ive seen 100HP Miatas chase down and pass Z06 Vettes. Imagine how THAT guy felt!

I think the 1LE is a nice piece, and I hope this battle rages on for years to come! Oh, I also got to see a '14 1LE at a press function at our track the other day, I like it a lot better in person then in photos. It looks smaller and the sound was really good. I found that the rear of the car which I really dislike in photos, looks okay in person. I Know of at least one 1LE that comes to Summit, maybe some day we'll actually get to be on track at the same time...

2012 Kona Boss 302 #2758
LostPony is offline   Reply With Quote