View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #427
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
Advice from experts! I'm looking to detail my car, my problem is that my car is a DD and with all this rain my car got dirty fast... it's there a way to detail the car in this situation?
There's a difference between a car being dirty and a car that "needs detailing." If you want to savor a full detail, I wouldn't do it in the rainy season. Odds are, when you drive out of the garage you'll run into a shower or wet roads. ... well, at least that's how it is down here.

I'm worried enough about the potential damage from rain water my car might be sustaining right now as it sits at home in this hellish sunlight with the water beads from an early morning shower sitting on its horizontal surfaces.

There's no escaping your car getting dirty when a.) it's summer and b.) it's your daily driver.

I'm presuming you know something of the trade when it comes to detailing since you frequent this board a lot, so if you take care of your car as much as I presume, then the best advice I can give you is to just wash your car once a week as usual and REAAALLY savor it when it's clean.

Rainy season is right up there with winter when it comes to being tough on cars. I dunno how it is up there in PA... I'd imagine summers up there actually enjoyable.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote