View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #90
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Tag ya forgot one. How 'bout the hose rubbing on the car. If it's on the drivers side like normal cars , you wouldn't have that problem. But I fully agree with you, I want it on the drivers side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Because.

I'm sure it does.

Ok.

Yeah...I hate passenger side gas caps. It's just plain inconvenient. Sure, the passenger side gas cap works. But, if you could open your car door, exit, swipe your card right in front of you, turn left and open you gas cap, turn around grabbing the pump and turning back to put it in...then, you can take a step and sit in your car while it fills up if you wish. You know...sometimes it rains, it cold as heck, you don't feel like standing, etc. and you want to get back in your car...you can just sit down. Having to walk around does take a little more time. And, if you can't get back to the pump in time when the safety thing swithces (but you can still pump two more gallons) you don't get to completely fill your tank. If you are sitting on the side of the pump, you simply open the door, exit and you are standing at the pump. It is a convenience thing here...and I'm sure there are plenty who will agree to that. I'm sure that when you bring something home that has to go in the back seat, you aren't going to walk around to the back passenger side to put it in that seat when you could very easily just put it in the seat right behing you to get out after you get out. There's no point in walking all the way around to get your stuff. It just doesn't make sense....kinda like a passenger side gas cap.

Another reason, I see it as a safety factor. All the doors surrounding the vehicle are locked and the only door unlocked is the one right in front of you while you are pumping. If it's opposite, the only door I have to get into my vehicle is on the other corner of my car. Takes longer for me to get there and is easier for someone to get into if they wished. I could get more into this, but you probably get the point.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote