Thread: type of 69
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #15
kemick10

Drives: 67 camaro, 1981 Firebird, 1968 Fair
personally, from all of my experience with parts... Chevy parts are the easiest to find and also the easiest to rebuild... body style is what you really want to look for with a classic muscle car... personally i like the SS/RS model the most... buy a 350 off of craigslist (caddilac or chevy cuz the pontiac, Olds, and Buick have a different motor type for thier line) i can promise you though you will not find one under 10k with matching numbers so unless you are building to sell i wouldnt worry about that... just serch through google pics and see what body you like... you may not know the difference at first glance but pay attention to the hood, rims, side skirts, and fender wells... Im also looking for a 1st gen camaro to build on but im specificly looking for a 67 I6 thats stock that I can build a aluminum block Yanko Clone with... I guess what im trying to say dont spend your money without doing the research... dont get tricked by the mayco paint jobs either... if you want help with finding one or what you look for when you go to buy one let me know and id be more then willing to help you out... I have family up in oregon so if your on the south side of washington i might be able to meet up on a vaca or something... 714-514-1384 kemick
kemick10 is offline   Reply With Quote