View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #83
joe11ss
5GCRGV Member

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
5GCRGV

You all have to remember that not everyone has time when it comes to school and work. That's why it's very hard to get a lot of members to attend our meets. For example, I am going back to work. I will be taking 6 hours for my masters program, coaching UIL and chess club, which will take up my Saturdays, and only leaves me with my family BBQ Sundays. So I probably won't have time to attend as many meetings but that doesn't make me a bad member or this a bad club. Events such as baby showers take time to plan. Club meetings start from the staff. If the president is busy, then the vice president should step up. If the vice president is busy, then the next person in line steps up. Dave has been doing a remarkable job at planning our events. Then again, he's only 18 and fresh out of high school. As far as being wild, well I guess if spending time with the club at the events stated above is considered wild then I guess I'm wild too. We are trying to help out Dave as much as we can to get this club back to where it was before, but that starts with the older crowd first. Like I said, we are men and we are adults. Rather than sit back and just watch, do something about it. At the meeting we had, I never heard you speak out as far as what issues you were having. That would have been a perfect time since you were among several adults who do care what happens to the club. This may sound childish, but I'm asking that if negative comments are going to be said about our club, to please respect us enough not to do it on our thread. As I mentioned before, I don't think camaro5 created these forums for people to do this to other fellow camaro owners. We are here to help each other with the one thing we all have in common....our cars.
joe11ss is offline   Reply With Quote