View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:28 AM   #24
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
My L99 feels like it was tuned by the Cadalic division
During the Q&A session at Carlisle, I praised the GM team for a job well done , and mentioning some of the things I really liked about the car, but then opened up into a question about my poor dyno run for my L99, and if I was seeing expected numbers or something outside the expected parameters. . Al came back and asked me what the numbers were (I did not initially mention the specifics as I did not want to seem bashing to an otherwise fine car in a public session) . I told them it was a conservative dyno (Superflow) but it only made 305 WRHP on its best pull. http://http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpost.php?p=613731&postcount=14
They did not have a lot of suggestions, and I did not want to back them into a corner, so I just praised the car and moved on. At least they were all there to hear my concern (Scott Settlemire, Cheryl Pilcher, John Fitzpatrick, Al Oppenheiser and John Cox ) as well as hundreds of others. Later (after the public session) I showed AL my dyno sheet. I mentioned that my dyno operator had run a LS3 car a few days before mine and had said the timing curve on the L99 was more conservative than the LS3. Al appeared to concur that the setting were less aggressive on the L99.
Al did say that he attends a teleconference each week with the dealers where issues are brought up that seem to be occurring regularly. He suggested I have my dealer look at it, and that if they have concerns that they bring it up during the call. (He also suggested I run in sport mode more, and although it des not seem to help in Engine performance, transmission shifting is somewhat better)
I plan to take the car to the dealer and mention they look at this avenue.
Scott what was your dealer specifically going to try and do?
I spoke to Al a bit about the limitations of the DOD, but there was a lot going on around us and we did not have the time to get into detail about it. I did get the impression that some of the tuning is there to help with the reliability of the AFM (DOD). I wish I had had a chance to explore that subject in greater detail, as well as Torque Management. Al said there is always the chance of updates to the computer tune, and that the performance parts group would likely offer performance tunes (I hope to hear more about that).
I hope to get mine to the track with 2 other guys (another L99, and an LS3). And hopefully run them all together and have some more data to compare.

The pic is with Al and myself... real smart guy!. (note rolled up dyno print outs in my hand). BTW - He brought his teenage son, boy, thats one lucky kid.
I find it strange that the dealers, this exeutive from GM etc are acting like nothing is wrong with these cars, come on this is appauling. These cars have a serious problem. Additionally how did the test cars run so fast and ours are slow as a 72 Pinto?
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote