View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #4
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
How far do you have to let the pedal out before it starts to engage? Sounds similar to my first clutch, which smelled until about 1500 miles... It didn't start engaging until it was about 4" off the floor, and had this horrible "cam over" feeling (that wasn't the helper spring) that wanted to push your foot off the pedal as soon as it was starting to engage. I complained about it since day one when I got the car...

Eventually got the dealer to replace it, and now it's WAY better. Starts to engage about 1-1.5" off the floor, feels smooth, no "cam over" effect. They found a bunch of the pressure plate fingers were bent when they took the car apart. I can only imagine they were that way when I bought the car (had 499 miles on it), because the clutch has sucked since day one. I think someone rodded it before I got it and it didn't get a chance to break in. It was a "dealer transfer" car, they drove a yellow car up to a dealer about 4 hours away, and brought back mine... Musta been a fun ride!
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote