Thread: Batmobile
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #49
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Before going to the drags I installed the Vararam Wedge. I was very skeptical of this mod and still am not sure the benefit. I did not feel much, if any difference.

Here is a re-post of my interpretation of a day drag racing with other C5s:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSS View Post
With your mods you shouldn't have a problem breaking into the 12's without the wedge
I agree. Today there were 4 or 5 LS3 5th gens (that I knew of) running at Atco with LTs, intake, and a tune and all were stuck around 13.1 to 13.40. One freak L99 vert with only an intake and a tune was running 13.0s. Maybe all of us cannot drive. My car was running better than most of them. They had a tune, I had the wedge, ported TB, and the scoop. I was running 13.15 to 13.18 in my three runs.

Could be DA was a factor slowing us down, it was 1492. My best run today converted to: 12.968 @ 111.245 and that was with a 2.246 60 foot. My best run ever converted to 12.875. So assuming I could improve my 60' to 2 flat (doable I hear on stock Pirellis) a 12.7 corrected is within reach. Still, with all my mods including suspension work, I should be faster. I will keep going back and try to improve.

Today I was a little faster than tuned LS3s.

So I am thinking scoop, ported TB, + wedge > tune

IMO scoop + ported TB = extra HP from tune. So my feeling is the wedge was the difference. Most of us were new track drivers, except for one guy who owned a speed shop. His LTed, tuned, LS3 could do no better than 13.3 today.

I think my car was stronger on the top end than the others. I did run 111 once before and I was running 110 today where the others were running 108s. I am leaning towards the Wedge making a difference.

One interesting thing, I ran a brand new 2013 GT500 at the end of the day and he was struggling to get into the 12s. I knew i had a shot of beating him with a picture perfect run. He ran a 12.85 @120. I started in second (Doh!) and missed third gear.

This fourth run was an outlier and happened after everyone else left. So the Wedge was no help here.

I sure wish I was on my toes running that GT 500. I ran a 15.3. Double Doh!

There may have been some benefit to adding the Wedge. Still not sure, but like the Ported TB, for the money it's fun to try.