View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #3
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
This dealer had 9 allocations for 2015 and only has 3 or 4 left. I don't know about the demand, but since allocations were only announced some two weeks ago it's hard for me to judge. A lot of folks may realize they're not getting 2014s and then commit to the 2015s. It's hard to guess about this because not all people have the Car Jones so bad that they stay connected to all the details on these cars. Plus, dealers tend to lead people on, over-promise, then under-deliver. There are countless stories about dealers verbally committing to getting an allocation, but then not following through.

One thing's for sure; once the magazines start posting test numbers, a lot of folks who aren't yet aware of the Z/28 may start scrambling for cars. This seems to happen a lot, where folks who just want the latest and greatest buy themselves a new toy (and, more often than not, resell it a few months later when they realize it's too hard core for them).

Then again, what I don't know about the market for super-specialized Camaros would fill an encyclopedia (or two)...