View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 09:48 PM   #86
Starminder
Savant

Drives: 2011 Vert 2SS/RS CGM
I couldn't agree more, and it's another of many reasons you'll get first crack at ordering my next car.

The funny thing with this one for me was that I had to go on the GM website and "prove" I qualified for it, then get a printout with a unique number on it. To me that sort of solidified that I ought to get the discount. Nowhere in any of that reading did it mention that a dealer didn't have to accept it. At the time it was pretty disappointing, this many weeks later it still bugs me. It's not about the money, it's about the "appearance" of "doing something for the troops" when in fact, at least for me, it wasn't worth the paper I printed it on. Now knowing the difference, it irks me this is going to happen time and time again to others. Now, if GM were to backup the incentive so it wasn't coming out of the dealers pocket or make it to where it was going to get accepted at any dealership, then that's different. It's the arbitrary aspect that just doesn't seem right. Especially after qualifying for owner loyalty but not being able to use that because of model of car I wanted. Indifference to my loyalty AND my military service? Sheesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
If discounts are available and apply to your purchase...
They always should be honored!!!!!!

11/29/2010 - (1100) Order Placed
01/28/2011 - (3800) Order produced
03/01/2011 - (4200) Shipped
03/16/2011 - DELIVERED

View my Garage
Starminder is offline   Reply With Quote