View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #58
dme
Davis

Drives: 2012 LS Custom
I know this is a somewhat old thread, but I recently bought a 2012 Camaro without the RS package, but I want the RS style lights. This seems like a nice route to take, so here's my plans. Let me know if anyone sees a problem or something I should differently.

I will be getting two Depo aftermarket headlights from eBay. $167.36 shipped

I will get the "BI-XENON MORIMOTO MINI STAGE III KIT (H1)" $290 shipped
from http://www.theretrofitsource.com/
  • Adapter plate: None
  • Ballasts: Morimoto 3Five (35w)
  • Bulbs: H1: Morimoto 3Five 5000K
  • Angel Eyes: No
  • Projectors: LHD (North American Standard)
  • Resealing glue: yes
  • Shrouds: Mini Gatling Gun
  • Wire Harness: Relay: H13/9008

I'll also get the white AAC halos (non-RS version) $170 shipped
from http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...o-halo-kit.htm

Once I get this stuff in, I'll paint the shrouds and reflective housing a matte black and install the headlight kit into the housing and add the halos. I would probably need to find someone who can replace the customized headlights with my stock ones because that looks like a huge pain. I also need to find someone who can wire all of this up how I want. I would like an Auto/On/Off switch for the halos. When on Auto, I want the halos to be on whenever the headlights are on OR whenever the key is turned on. This shouldn't be too difficult to do and would be a very nice setup to have full control over the halos when I want, but to not always worry about turning them on or off.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Decided to go with a single color halo. Apparently the dual colors alternate every other led for each color, so you get double the spacing between each light (so they aren't as bright and you can tell it's not a smooth ring from far away).

Last edited by dme; 01-10-2012 at 03:29 PM.
dme is offline   Reply With Quote