View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #74
ernie scar

Drives: Chevy/Dodge/Ford
DRKS1D3 original post

My Dad searched everywhere around home (Pittsburgh) for months before finding one at $500 below sticker in Indiana. All the dealers near him wanted $5,000-$10,000 over sticker and they told him he would NOT find one below that. He said, "Watch me!". A couple weeks after he picked it up, he needed to stop at the dealer for something for his Silverado. He pulled into the dealer lot and parked it right in front of the showroom. Seconds later, all the salesmen came clammering out like bees around a hive to see the Mighty ZL1. He said, "Remember when you told me I couldn't find one for sticker? This one was $500 under sticker.". They all just stood there speechless, gocking at the car in amazement. Bunch of jokers!

Its dealers like this that drives me bananas. The salesman (I have known this guy for years) at the dealership where I ordered the car says to me, that there isn’t any discounts on this car when you put your order in for it; but I will try and see if there is any discounts and get you the best deal possible.

I told him I am just happy to be able to put an order in for the car and get it at MSRP.

This markup crap seems to happen all the time when cars like this first come out. I’m glad your old man went somewhere else to get his car.

I wish I could have been there to see the look on their faces when he pulled up with his car.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

One last thing about my salesman, when I finally get my car and if he sees it around town; he wants to be the one to say I sold that car to that guy.

Thumbs up to your old man.

Last edited by ernie scar; 02-21-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: add in the quote
ernie scar is offline   Reply With Quote