View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Mustang Vs. Camaro Pricing

I simply want to justify to an average person why spending a few thousand more on a Camaro really isn't as bad as you make think. Now this is sticky territory, some may not agree, or I may miss a valid point, but i think it should help. Now most of us know this technique, but rarely take time to actually use it, and put it down on paper. Now, to work you have to be fare to yourself, and the two vehicles, you may want to through in the Challenger as well. Now I am using what I think the Camaro will have, it may be different for you, but i think most of us know the basics. Circle the one you like most.

Base V8 Mustang Vs. Base Camaro
MSRP 26,240 (Ford.com) 28,999 (Guessing)
4.6L (How old is this engine?) 6.2L LS3(Corvette Motor, Updated)
300 (Camaro V6 Power) 400+ (Enough Said)
Ford Quality (opinions may very) GM Quality (Better)
1 year free of On Star..NOPE/NOTHING On Star 1 year free
MPG 15/22 (Ford.com) Auto AFM pos 17/26 more?
Out side design Out side design
Interior design Interior design
live axle pos IRA
Resell value resell value

That is just a few of the top of my head. Can you guys think of any more? I know we don't know anything in concrete on our beloved Camaro, but if we are honest with our selves we can make a pretty fair comparison. To me adding in the value of some of those things make the Camaro in my eyes a clear winner. Saving money on gas, On-Star, and the resell value, how mustangs can you find for sale cheap right now, alot! Money on maitnance. I can not wait for my Camaro.
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote