View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #328
Nuieve

Drives: 06' CLK500
Shoud be around $50k, probably 49k to 52k base. Anything more than that, and it's CTS-V coupe territory (starts at 62k), and who in their sane mind would pick a Camaro over V I have no idea. Nurburgring lap is all good and stuff, but it's not a factor in pricing at all as it doesn't increase the actual value of the car. If the same car ran the Ring at 7:11 somehow, you'd think it would be justifiable to price the car at 80k? No. The car is what the car is. A tuned Camaro with bigger engine, that's all. No chance in the world it's worth more than CTS-V.

I was considering V until now, but if ZL1 turns out to cost around 50k, I'd consider losing
- style
- luxury
- prestige
- interior amenities (recaros, nav etc)

for about 12k savings (assuming there won't be crazy 10k "market adjustments" when it actually hits the lots)

If the price difference is less than 10k, it's simply not worth it. Same power (who really cares about extra 20hp in a 550hp car), same handling (in everyday life you won't use even 5% of its abilities, so any 5-10% difference in Ring time is meaningless), just A LOT less value for your money.
Nuieve is offline   Reply With Quote