Thread: SS LINES
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
Rick2010
Chevrolet's & NY Yankees!

Drives: ALL CHEVROLET'S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
..... seems your question in post #1 changed? Anyway, yes very happy with SS brake lines - firmer feel, no fear of temperature problems, and look sporty too. As far as bleeding the clutch question...... I installed a separate clutch fluid reservior so fluid swaps could be done. Clutch fluid needs changing more often than the brakes.... unless doing alot of road courses. As far as bleeding the clutch, it gradually cycles back into the master cylinder. If not separating reserviors, make sure reservior is mostly your new fluid of choice (I too used the Motul RBF600), then pump clutch about 50 times. Suck fluid out, refill, and pump again until 3 complete fluid swaps. You'll use less fluid if clutch is separated....and avoid getting the clutch dust into the brake system, like the vette guys have already experienced and proven. Link below describes in detail:

http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html

Attachment 94327
Yeah.....I'm confused. I meant it to be in the same post.....

so.....am I emptying the reservoir.....changing the lines........bleeding the brakes.......then do the the 3 refills on the slave cylinder?
Thank you for helping out......APPRECIATE IT!!

Last edited by Rick2010; 02-15-2010 at 10:10 PM. Reason: ANOTHER QUESTION
Rick2010 is offline   Reply With Quote