SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Sorry to get off topic, but you know me. This stuff really intrigues me

Hmmm... a 7-character license plate "SS ENGNR" maybe
how bout SSE 4 2SS <<, seven characters...

LOL, I knew if we ever got on the subject it would... It's the engineering side of you... which is most of you... most any subject is open for discussion in here as well... Though we may have to use our available local experts for some of the subject content accuracies... BRUCEMIKERUSSKYLEJUSTINOTHERMIKEDOUGGLEN etc....

Here a trivia question... Drill bit is on the drill pipe (string)... drill pipe (string) spins to the right and with weight applied downward... the drill bit goes down...

Now, I want to do directional hole... I want to go a specific direction with that hole... say.... >>>> way....

How is this accomplished... Think outside the box...

Or... The well head is spudded in.... run into the sea floor... then they drill out the 20 inch section, and run 20 inch casing... Once that is done, they cement it... basically making the well head and casing one with the earth... So... The rig floats... It heaves, it rolls, etc...

We run the BOP stack to the sea floor and latch it up to the wellhead, on marine riser... which is 5/8 to 3/4 inch wall pipe 21 1/4 ID, and is in 50 foot joints... So... we have a solid wellhead, a stack latched up to it, and essentially a solid line from the rig to the seafloor... What allows the rig to move up and down relative the seafloor without tearing the stack off the wellhead... Bear in mind the riser can not flex as this would cause the aforementioned drill string to rub against it, keyslotting it, and eventually to rub through it causing a loss of control of the well formation pressures..

This is all strictly for fun... and unlike Pete, there will be no test... and it's not any kind of rocket science stuff as proven by the fact that I can do it...

Just dont over think it...as I tell my trainees all the time...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote