View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 09:38 AM   #13
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Had a TSP UDP for my last engine before this one, me and tuner both thought it looked cheap, read stories of the SLP one falling apart like the stock "balancer" on here years ago, sold the thing uninstalled bought better the next time a Fluidampr and its directions showed the right length and wrong part number for the gates belt...LOL Bottom line I use better to do the job a harmonic balancer is supposed to do not like a oldschool SBC/BBC balancers stock that has a rubber ring basically holding two sections of metal together waiting to fail and barely stopping harmful vibrations.......though the ls3 is fairly well internally balanced I am cammed and my engine shakes with power...I under drive only the alternator as my idle is 950 so its a wash that drains nothing...underdrive a/c not a good idea, the power they say they make...pipe smoke... Just a few things IMO, I rely on the viscous silicone and the best fluidampr and ATI for actually helping the engine not get hurt from vibrations that damage things like bearings and timing chains........... Of course I am a old motorhead .