Thread: Oh Yeah baby
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Oh Yeah baby

Amazing how many times I've heard about the 5.0 being faster than the SS. I always knew of a fix for that but ironically others tried that same deal I think and came out slower than the 5.0. Well is this so , or is it not. Well here goes, tonight I decided to take the 20x10 275-40-20 60lbs nitto nto5 wrapped TSW nurb off the back and place it on the front for a test of which tire is stiffer and the better performer up front. With the rear I placed the 8lbs lighter Enkei Reigen with Hankook Ventus V12 evo lots of grip in the rear at 19x9.5 and 52lbs. The overall diameter difference is like 1 inch total between the 2. Well results were , better and way quicker steering input that made an Evo or STI seem meaningless literally and as far as acceleration is concerned well let's just say that I really don't want to put the TSW 20x10 in the back anymore not by a long shot. The car gets off the line like a retard and pulls like a Bull with a lightning bolt up it's rear end no joke. I always knew that just with lighter wheels on the rear the Camaro SS would be just as fast as a 5.0.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote