View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 09:15 PM   #14
StephenofSD
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2014 2LS A6 "Storm"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMBO View Post
Next cosmetic mod on the list was to replace the factory fog light bulbs with plasma LEDs (originally from Phastek Performance, though I bought used). I never quite understood why the RS models come with white halos and yellow fogs, nor why you can't have both on at the same time whenever you want (so added DRL harness as well). Installation of these was fairly easy. Didn't need to take off the wheel, just unscrew and bend back the flap behind the wheel that covers where the fog lights are. Here's how it came out:

I'll note that the Phastek bulbs, while white, have a tad more blue to them than the stock RS halos. If you are looking for an exact color match may need to get a matching set. I like the way these came out, particularly since I have white elsewhere on the car.

The question now is what mod to do next? I'm debating between coilovers (likely BC Racing BR series), upgrading to 3.45" gears, or possibly moving to the CTS-V brake setup. Any suggestions (or something else in a similar price range)?
AGM for the win! Love the old school SS badge on the front also. And I think the fogs look much better and also wondered why GM sold them with that ugly yellow haha! Can't wait to see what's next!

Mods
Exterior: Fender Hash Stripes, Z/28 Spoiler
Interior: Led Map Light, Green Led Footwell Lighting
StephenofSD is offline   Reply With Quote