View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 01:03 PM   #342
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
Hey gents I have a question and please dont blast me for this one as im in the Navy and im deployed right now so the internet is slow and I dont have time to keep up with things concerning GM and the new camaro.

From what I can tell just based on reading a few pages of this thread there was some confusion about wheather or not GM was going to release a 550 HP blown version of the camaro (z28) and toward the end of this thread I see that it is still going to happen one thing I didnt catch is when. Again I appologize for asking the same questions as everyone else but likei mentioed before the web service is not the greatest in the Navy. and I just dont have the time to wait on web pages to load up. is there any engine specs out im assuming its going to be the 6.2L engine with a bit lower compression....

thanks in advance

Mike
we don't know a whole lot. we don't even 'know' that it will hapen. But assuming it does, it should get a supercharged 6.2L engine with a 4 lobe rotor roots type blower. It will likely be derived from the LSA in the CTS-V, which is expected to make roughly 550 hp. the Camaro would likely get detuned slightly. As for release, it will come out with the LS, LT, and SS. Possibly around the time of the convertible though. However, anyone from GM will tell you that they cannot comment on future products.

Oh, and welcome!
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote