View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #58
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Update - after a long break

The seat bottom finally arrived on May 17th. I took the car in on Monday May 20th. I was told that she should be ready Wednesday afternoon. I called Wednesday to check, and I was told that the seat had been fixed, but the car just went to the body shop that morning for the deck lid, and she should be ready Thursday afternoon. I didn't hear anything on Thursday, so I called back on Friday. When I spoke to the service writer, I was told that she had bad news. She said the body shop guy brought the car up that morning, and according to her, it looked like he did a rushed touch up job, and it looked terrible. She made him take the car back and told him that he needed to repaint the deck lid not touch it up. Now, it will be Monday or Tuesday before I can get her back. I guess it is good that the service writer saw that it was a crappy job before I did, it sucks that I own a vert, we have nice 78-81 degree holiday weekend, and I am stuck with a Dodge Avenger to drive all weekend.

Before you ask, my son is borrowing my Z28 while his car is in the shop, so I don't have that to drive at the moment either.