View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 04:02 AM   #31
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
One issue I see with this mod is that the clutch fluid reservoir is now tiny, so the clutch fluid will get overwhelmingly dirty (just like what happens to C5/C6 Corvettes) in no time. The fluid slowly backfeeds into the reservoir (which is why we pump the pedal to clean the system), so that very dark fluid is everywhere in the clutch system now. When that happens, the clutch pedal will start to 'stick' to the floor, which can even get downright dangerous. It happened to me back when I owned a C5 Corvette Z06.

Yes, I don't want to contaminate the brake system's fluid with the nasty clutch fluid, but I think it would be much better if we use a much bigger reservoir. The Corvettes have pretty much the same system with that little reservoir, and any Corvette owner who actually drives his/her car knows that it needs to be cleaned-up at least once every time you get gas (so called Ranger method) to keep it running flawlessly.

Any chance you guys could come up with a (much) bigger reservoir for the clutch fluid? This way, I'd know that the clutch will not fail during a weekend of an HPDE event
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote